Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sleepy Mom

Today Aidan and I were laying on the couch watching TV and I'm a little embarrassed to be writing this but I fell asleep. There is something about pregnancy that completely wears me out. I honestly don't know how I could've been tired because I had just woke up an hour ago. Once I woke up I panicked because I didn't see Aidan. I looked over and he was in his recliner watching Family Feud and clapping for the teams. It was so cute and I was so relieved that I didn't wake up to him climbing on the table, prowling through the house, playing with the printer or keyboard, need I go on. Our house is pretty baby proofed and we have gates everywhere so I knew that he coudln't have gotten into too much. I know I wasn't asleep for more than about 2 minutes and I can honestly say I have only done that one other time when he was a newborn. It didn't really matter then because he slept all the time anyway. I felt like a terrible mother but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I guess I'm going to have to stop laying down and watching TV with him. I'm sure I'm not the first mother who has gone to sleep while their child was awake. Am I?????

4 comments:

Newberry said...

Oh, my goodness NO! Mason wakes up early so for the first hour that he is awake in the morning we usually sit in the chair and watch TV, well he watches TV and I sleep :)

Kristie said...

Thanks Jill! You always make me feel better!

Lindsay said...

It's happened to me too Kristie! I'm sure it will happen again too since I'm extremely tired right now too. I can hardly keep my eyes open most of the day!

Jana said...

Kristie.....sooo funny! I had to read it to Mitch too. We laughed because Aidan likes Family Feud. It must run in the family. I used to fall asleep all the time while the kids just watched cartoons. I think I may have done it on purpose though. However, now I just schedule my daily naps. Sooo lazy. :)