Tuesday, February 3, 2009

18 Month Checkup

Aidan and I went yesterday for his 18 month checkup. Yes, I know we are a few weeks late, but since he has been sick they wouldn't give him his shots until he was feeling better. So while we were waiting Aidan spies one of Dr. Cole's Bibles. He picked it up and started singing "B-I-B-I." I let him get down in the floor and look at it because by this point I was trying anything to keep this child occupied. Well I hate to say it but he ripped his first Bible. I quickly put it back on the table and hoped that no one would ever notice. Then, he was standing in my lap. I guess he saw a piece of wallpaper behind me that was loose and decided to rip it. Sheetrock and all. Can you say EMBARRASSED. I could feel myself getting hot. I always do that when I'm embarrassed. I'm sure they'll realize that it is ripped one day, but hopefully they won't think that we did it. He also proceeded to get a wrapped syringe out of the drawer. No there wasn't a needle in it. James already asked me that. Needless to say it was an adventurous trip to the doctor today. You can only keep a monkey caged for so long. Other than that Dr. Cole said he was doing great. He weighed 27.5 pounds and was 32 inches long. His head measured 19 1/2 in. He did have to get his first MMR shot. It wasn't too bad because the sweet nurses gave him a sucker afterwards and then he was fine. They are so wonderul to us. Hopefully next time we won't destroy Dr. Cole's office.

No comments: