Friday, January 8, 2010

SHOW US HOW YOU LIVE - New Years Resolutions/Goals

I decided I would try and start doing the Show Us How You Live on Fridays started by Kelly from Kelly's Korner. Love reading her blog. This week is New Year's Resolutions. So here we go...

1. To take time and enjoy every second with my boys. Sometimes I get so caught up on my to do list that I get a little gripy when it doesn't get accomplished. I need to learn to let the kitchen stay a mess, the laundry unfolded, etc. and just focus on more important things. That is so hard for me because I can't stand clutter.

2. To be a better mom/wife. I want to be a more loving wife this year. Sometimes I take for granted how much James does for our family. I am so blessed that he makes it a priority for me to stay home. He is the best father and husband that I could ask for. He loves me in spite of my flaws! I also want to take more time to enjoy my boys. Once again this kind of refers back to number 1. I need to learn to let the small things go every once in awhile!

3. To have a deeper relationship with God. We have definitely not been going to church like we should since Parker's arrival. I guess I could list all of my reasons, but honestly they are just excuses. God has blessed me with so much, and I feel like he tends to get what is left over of me at the end of the day! I really need to work on this. I also want to start doing daily devotionals. James and I used to do a couple's devotional before bed every night. I can so tell the difference in our marriage when we are doing that. We are a lot more patient with one another. We have started the Love Dare several times and haven't finished it. That is my goal this year. I would recommend it for any couple. It's great.

4. To be more healthy. I don't just want to say lose weight. I mean eat healthier, exercise, stop worrying as much, etc. I know lots of other moms will say the same thing that once you have babies your body kind of takes the back seat. You are just so busy taking care of your family! I guess that is the way it should be, but you also need to be healthy as well!

5. To learn to accept things that I cannot change! This is a big one for me. There have been lots of things that have happened in my life or that are happening that I just don't understand! I sometimes question God, and get angry. I am trying to learn that when life gives you lemons make lemonade! I often find myself dwelling on this bible verse: In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I hope and pray that I stick to my resolutions! Here's to a new year!!!

1 comment:

green6 said...

well, i think i will just copy and paste your post, changing a few names of course. :) This was a good insight...thank you Kristie! Honestly, I couldn't wish and pray more for you or me in making these new year resolutions or goals accomplished! Good Luck!