Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blessings


My two little blessings!




I will just start by saying this has been a very tough week. James was in a car accident on Tuesday and broke his shoulder. So on Wednesday I had a little pity party for myself. Parker had kept me up until 4:00 am, and James is usually always so good to help me, but now he can't because he is in a lot of pain. I was completely exhausted and during James' doctor's appointment Parker went crazy. He had a colic attack and decided he would let the whole office know about it. It's funny how things hit you at the most inopportune times. Thinking back on it I was really stressed because I couldn't get him to stop, and I was very tired. I also hate it when he hurts and there is nothing that I can do to calm him! Tears started rolling down my face, and then it was like somebody slapped me in the face and said, "Kristie, you are so blessed to have this baby that is crying your arms right now." While I was walking Parker and kissing his sweet little head, and waiting on James I started thinking about all of my blessings. It started putting things into perspective for me real quick. I have a wonderful husband, two healthy and beautiful babies, wonderful parents and family, church family, a God who forgives me and loves me know matter how many times I fail him, a home, a wonderful job that allows me to take my children to work with me, I honestly could go on and on! So by the time we left they were no longer tears of sadness, but tears of joy! It doesn't matter how rough life gets we are so extremely blessed! I think from now on when I get upset or run down I will just stop and count my blessings! I honestly thing you can find good in every situation if you just look hard enough! We truly have so many reasons to be thankful!

1 comment:

green6 said...

Well I just found my answer regarding my question I posted on a photo asking if James was in a wreck...I hope he is doing better. I truly hate to hear that! You are right about counting your blessings though...we take so many things for granted. Thank you for your story of ways to redirect our thoughts to things that are "good, pure, and holy". Those things are the ones that truly matter in the eternal aspect anyway. I am praying for you guys for quick healing, patience, and strength.