Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sleep Deprivation

Top Ten Reasons You Know You're Sleep Deprived

10. You walk around all day with breast milk caked to your shirt.
9. Your friend comes over and comments on Aidan's diaper and how it is sagging to the floor. *Please don't turn me into DHS. I really am a good mom. I think!
8. Your husband refers to going to bed as taking a nap.
7. You carry the huge stuffed lion out of your son's bedroom and try to take it to bed with you.
6. You wake up to find a partially eaten doughnut on your nightstand, and wonder how in the world it got there.
5. You and your husband have an argument at 3 am and the next morning you remember you were fighting, but have no idea why!
4. You go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for your child, and when they ask for his birth date you have to stop and think about it. Give me a break. It was Parker. He hasn't been alive that long!
3. You are telling a story to a group of people and stop mid sentence and have no idea what you were going to say next. Talk about embarrassing!
2. You walk into a room and just stand in there wondering why did I come in here. I know there was a reason, but can't remember what it was!
and the number 1 reason you know you're sleep deprived...
1. You take a bag of breast milk out of the fridge and start filling your two year old son's sippy cup up with it instead of regular milk! Pretty sure he would have known the difference!

I actually wrote this post about 3 weeks ago, and am just now finishing it. I am happy to report that Mr. Parker is now only waking up twice in the middle of the night to eat. Such a good little boy! He is the best baby! Praise the Lord for acid reflux medicine, and a doctor who is so good to listen to us and always do what is best for my babies. It has made a world of difference for him! It was terrible seeing him in so much pain! We are all getting more sleep now! Well, except for James. He can't sleep real well because his shoulder hurts, but he is on the mend!

2 comments:

Newberry said...

That is really funny, Kristie! Although I'm not completely there I think I am moving in that direction. I hope James is doing well. Sorry I haven't called to check on him yet. Love you!

Lindsay said...

Sounds all too familiar! Kolt wakes up at least 4 times from midnight to 8 am. I'm looking forward to when he only wakes up twice a night!