Friday, January 2, 2009

Daddy's Nose Picker

I was up cleaning house last night because I couldn't sleep, and I heard Aidan start crying. I went in and checked on him and he was standing up in his crib with his arms up. So I picked him up and went and put him in our bed so he would go back to sleep. We do this when he wakes up and then we go and put him back into his crib after he falls back asleep. I sometimes feel like we play musical beds. When I get to our bedroom James is sound asleep and has been since 11:30. I put Aidan in bed and lay down by him. He rolls over next to James and gets his face right next to James'. It gets really quiet for about 3 or 4 minutes, so I'm thinking that Aidan has gone back to sleep. All of a sudden I hear Aidan giggle. I thought he was just dreaming until I look over at him. He has his finger up James' nose and is laughing. He got me tickled and then I started laughing. I made him stop even though I didn't really want to. James just kind of pulled his head back and went right back to sleep. Aidan is so ornery. Some of his mannerisms remind me so much of James. He may look more like my side of the family, but he acts just like his daddy. I can't wait to tell James what he did tomorrow. I'm sure he won't even remember.

No comments: