Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Aidan!


After a cupcake and ravioli it was straight to the bathtub. He touched several things on the way, and thought it was hilarious.


Yum! Yum!


He loves icing!

So Aidan turned 18 months old on Tuesday and we decided to celebrate this big milestone in his life. Actually, I got the idea of celebrating "1/2 birthdays" from reading someone else's blog and thought it was really neat. James and I went to Tulsa for date night and I picked him up a cupcake for his big celebration. We also got him an Elmo balloon. Too bad he bit it and all of the helium went out of it. He was not very happy about it, but maybe next time he won't do that. We let him have his cupcake after lunch and we sang "Happy 1/2 Birthday to Aidan." Yes, I know we are completely ridiculous and I'm sure some of you are thinking that we so need to have another child. We just love him so much, and enjoy doing fun things for him. I think this is a tradition that we will try and do every year. It wasn't much, but it was a lot of fun. Aidan really enjoyed his cupcake and all of the attention. Maybe even James and I can start celebrating ours.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

My parents did that for me a lot. Since my birthday is the day after Christmas, I never could have birthday parties with friends because they were always busy with the holidays. So I'd get to have a birthday celebration in June. My mom called it my Halfy Birthday!! It is so fun to do little things for the kids. And I'm sure Aidan will always look forward to his half birthdays in the future! Fun tradition! :)