Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sports Night


Aidan's first certificate!


I'm not sure what he is so interested in.


Teeter tottering by himself!


He liked to carry the bowling ball around and throw it more than he did actually bowling with it.

On Tuesday we had a sports night at the school for parents as teachers. All of the kids dressed up to support their favorite team. James wanted Aidan to wear his Derek Jeter jersey even though we know his favorite team is the Sooners. We had lots of fun activities set up for the kids to do. Just a few of the favorites were ice skating, bowling, soccer, football toss, basketball, and tee ball. I bet you are wondering how we pulled ice skating off. We put waxed paper using rubber bands to their feet which made everything pretty slick. I tried that with Aidan, but he didn't really like it. I actually think his favorite thing was being chased by Emerson and Kayci. He also liked bowling and riding on the teeter totter that is in the room. Everyone got a certificate for participating in sports night. It was so much fun and I think all of the kids had a great time.

FYI- Our next group meeting for Parents as Teachers is February 2nd at 6:30. We will be having a messy art night. We are planning lots of fun and messy art projects for the kids to do. I'm sure it will be lots of fun.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I need to start bringing Kade up there. He would love that! I'm getting ready to start coaching soccer though, so if our schedule allows, we'll try to be there on the 2nd.