Friday, January 23, 2009

Would Someone Please Call the Fumigator!!!

This must be our year to be sick. I feel like we have caught about everything that has been going around. Aidan started coughing on Monday and just continued to get worse. We took him to the doctor on Wednesday and they checked his blood count, which was normal. He didn't do to well with the whole finger stick process. Once they stuck him, they then had to milk his finger to get enough blood for the test. Needless to say it took James and I both to hold him so the nurse could do the test and he still managed to get a hand free to hit at her. I was so embarrassed. I think he even tried to kick her a couple of times. Like I've said before he has his daddy's ornery ways. Since the blood test was normal they thought it was just "viral." I have grown to hate that word. Yes, I know hate is a strong word, but it is so aggravating when everything is viral. I just want them to fix him, and fast. They sent us home with breathing treatments to give him every four hours. He hated it at first, but is getting better. I will try and post some pictures later. It is the worst thing to watch your baby when they are sick. Then to top it off I woke up Thursday morning very nauseous and achy. Really no other symptoms besides a low grade fever. Just basically felt terrible. Aidan and I snuggled in bed the last two days and watched cartoons and slept. It was great to spend the day with him just being lazy. They also ended up calling him in an antibiotic because he was still running a high fever this morning. So hopefully he will be better soon. I just keep telling myself, this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Newberry said...

Poor little Aidan! I hope he gets to feeling better soon. Your story about the doctor's office sounds like it was pretty bad. I know what you mean about being embarrassed at the doctor's office. Mason has started having a cow right when we walk in the door. He wouldn't even stand on the scale the other day. I wanted to scream! He would have died if he had gotten pricked like Aidan.