Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We were going to stay at home to ring in the new year because I have been sick most of the week with some weird tonsil infection. It wasn't strep throat, the test came back negative. I have had strep throat before, and this was much worse. My tonsils at one point looked as if they might explode, but I'm much better now! Antibiotics are a great thing! Since I started feeling better we went to my parent's house to celebrate. We had a great time with our family. I played Phase 10 with my niece, nephew, and my nephew's friend. I had a blast, and they were so hilarious. I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed like that in a long time. I forgot how much fun high school kids can be. Their energy and carefree spirit is such a blessing and a reminder to stop and enjoy the simple moments in life. I loved being able to act silly with them. Overall we had a great evening and it was fun bringing in the new year with our family. There is something about a new year that makes me so excited. I'm not sure if it is just a fresh start or because I know spring is not too far away. James and I reflected back over the last year, and there are a few things we wish we would have done differently. There were also a lot of good memories made. In a way I was a little sad to see it go because I know that it means my little guy will turn 2 this year. We are looking forward to 2009 and all of the great things it will bring. We hope you and your families have a wonderful new year.

No comments: