Friday, December 5, 2008

The Christmas Parade That Went Awry



Last night we rode in the Christmas parade for Parents as Teachers. It was very cold and I knew better than to take Aidan with us. He was tired before we ever left the house. He didn't get his full nap in. I just thought that all of the other kids were coming and he would have a great time. We lined up to start and he didn't last 10 minutes. He looked so pitiful. He had snot running down his face and he was crying his eyes out. I wish I would have taken a picture. The only pictures I took were before the Christmas parade started. James took him home. I called to check on him, and he was still screaming. James said he screamed the whole way home, and for about 15 minutes after they got home. If you know Aidan, you know that is totally out of character for him. I don't think I have ever heard him cry for longer than 5 minutes his whole life. Then, he crashed for his second nap of the day. After taking such a late nap he was up until 1:00 am. I guess we know now that he hates the cold. I felt like a terrible mother. Oh well, another lesson learned.

1 comment:

Newberry said...

Oh my, Kristie, I have completely been there. There are times when you know something is probably not a good idea, but you try it anyway. After the fact, you are frustrated and wondering what in the world you were thinking.