Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Stop"

My parents watched Aidan tonight while James and I went Christmas shopping. We had big plans to go to Tulsa, but we got in the car and decided we were both way too tired. So, we went to the great town of Muskogee to shop. What a disappointing adventure, we found nothing that we needed. I guess we'll go to Tulsa this weekend. The point to this story is that when we dropped Aidan off at my parents it was dinner time. My Dad was putting him in the high chair while my Mom was fixing him some ravioli. All of the sudden Aidan looked at my Dad and went "stop!" We all looked at each other and started laughing because it was just so out of the blue. I guess he has heard the word stop so much lately for bothering the Christmas tree and decided to see if it would work on Papa. It is true what they say, kids pick up on things so quickly. I found this quote and thought it was very fitting for the whole situation.

~Children have never been very good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them.~ James Baldwin

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so funny, Brian and I almost went to Tulsa last weekend to shop and decided we were too tired also and just stayed in Muskogee instead. Are we getting old?

jessica said...

Love that quote! So true!!