Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Sick Little Boy

Aidan woke up from his nap yesterday and felt warm. I took his temperature and it was almost 100. I gave him so Motrin and he felt much better until it wore off. So I knew he had probably contracted one of the many viruses that have been going around. I woke up every 3 hours or so to check on him and the highest his fever got was 102.4. So I decided to take him to the doctor today. One of the main reasons I took him is because his breath smelled terrible and I know that is a sign of strep throat. When Aidan and I got to the doctor they decided to do a strep test. I was afraid that they might want to do on. Boy was that an experience. He gagged and kept sticking his tongue to the roof of his mouth, but they finally were able to swab his throat. When they got done we all started busting up laughing because he just got so mad. I felt a little bad for laughing but it made me feel better that the nurses laughed first. Don't get me wrong I felt really sorry for him, but he does the funniest things. If he doesn't want to do something he is not going to do it without a fight. The test came back negative and they said he just has a virus that is going around. At least I have some peace of mind now. Hopefully he will start feeling better soon.

No comments: